What’s new in simplebim 6.1?
Simplebim® 6.1 is here! The three major improvements in this release are clipping planes in the 3D palette, improved Table palette and localization. Update your simplebim now and watch the getting started tutorials to learn more about simplebim 6.1.
Clipping planes are a long awaited improvement to our 3D palette. You can set any number of clipping planes from faces in your model or isolate a selection by automatically creating clipping planes around the selection. Once created clipping planes can be freely moved (hold down Shift key), hidden and deleted.
Normally simplebim uses the right mouse button for navigation because the left mouse button is used for drag&drop. With the now introduced more familiar viewer navigation option you use the left mouse button for navigation, but loose the possibility to drag&drop objects from the 3D palette.
Simplebim is now ready for localization, because we feel that using simplebim in your own language is an important step in making BIM simple. Localization is initially in Finnish and a preview in German, but we plan to improve and expand the language selection.
The totally renewed Table palette now supports multi level groups and summaries giving you an easy way to drill into the data in your model. You can drag&drop an object class, objects of the same object class, objects from different object classes, multiple groups or a group category into the Table palette. You can filter the visible rows using rules, like ‘all walls where height is greater than 4m’, show, hide and re-organize columns. Finally you can copy data to the clipboard, save to Excel and PDF or print.
The accuracy of the area selection in the 3D palette is improved and it now has two modes. Selecting from left to right select all objects that intersect with the selection rectangle, while selecting from right to left only selects objects that are completely inside the selection rectangle.
In the location editor you can now control how assemblies are split. You can leave assemblies untouched by splitting or split assemblies such that each assembly only contains building elements from a single location. You can also override the default setting on the assembly level for example if you want to split roofs but not precast concrete elements.
New BCF Manager 3.1
You can find out more about the new features of the BCF Manager at bimcollab.com/en/BCF-Manager/BCF-Manager
New Quick Select Options
The default Quick Select in the 3D palette now selects a single object, or if the object is part of an assembly, the top level assembly. The other new Quick Select options are Type Object, Object Classification, Object Group, Zone, System, Subsystem – Downstream and Subsystem – Upstream.
Multiple improvements to running simplebim with a script; script variables, template variables and wildcards in file names when merging models. For more information please visit datacubist.com/support/simplebim-command-line-api.html#Batch
Other improvements and bug fixes
- Overall performance improvements, especially in populating the Properties palette
- IFC Import / Export: Improved support new geometry types in IFC4
- Systems: The ‘System Name’ property of objects that belong to a system is now automatically updated when the name of the system is edited.
- Workspace: bug fixed in persisting layouts with tabbed panels in the canvas area
- Template: bug fixed in setting property value based on empty string property value
- IFC Import: bug fixed importing classification systems in cases where each building element is assigned to a classification item with its own relationship object, i.e. there are as many relationship objects as there are assigned building elements.
- Excel export: bug fixed exporting text values longer than 32767 characters, which is the limit set for a cell value by Excel. Longer strings are truncated to 32767 characters.
- Properties Palette: crashed when showing tooltip for very long text values
- IFC Export: bug fixed in exporting IFC models that have element assemblies from .cube files that are created with the simplebim 6.0 release version before a related bug was fixed in 6.0 SR1.
- IFC Export: fixed a few non consequential schema where rule violations in the exported IFC file.
- Geometry optimization. Fixed issue that effected model splitter, duplicate check, overlapping objects check and other geometry related functions.
- Calculate Basic Quantities tool: fixed issue in related to the building element part quantities.